Saturday, April 14, 2012

download and overload.

i sit in my dorm room
soaking up the precious alone time.
listening to pandora radio
and editing photos from our trip to the pier this afternoon.
applying aloe vera to my sunburn
and thinking about everything that has happened this week.

this week.
it has been exhausting,
challenging,
fun,
amazing,
and pretty much every other adjective you can think of.

i heard God speaking into my life and i'm learning to be still and listen.
He downloaded, and i'm on overload.
i'm looking forward to "chilling" tomorrow afternoon.

my mother (hi Mom!!!) requested that i blog again.
i realize that it's been a week, but i have had very little down time.
we didn't have any classes today, and i hardly knew what to do with myself.
but here are some new photos (for those of you who aren't on Facebook with me). :)

we went to the beach last saturday.
it was breath-taking.
so beautiful.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
haha, i adored this guy's board.
don't judge! :)
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
you know you're in hawaii when they do a hula dance at church on sunday morning.
Photobucket
this is the hallway where my dorm room is.
the first door is my room. room 89! :)
Photobucket
me and one of my roommates, Cammie.
we unintentionally matched on wednesday, in our green-and-white-striped tank tops.
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
this was on easter sunday. :)
i love the real leis.
Photobucket
me...
Photobucket
i love geckos!!!!
Photobucket
i held this little guy. (the chameleon, not the kid...haha).
it was so amazing!
Photobucket
Molly held him too. :D
Photobucket
this is Christine. she's pretty amazing. :)
Photobucket
Kona sunset!
Photobucket
the lovely Kendra...
today she left us to follow God's calling on her life.
Photobucket
and a random adorable couple at the beach...
Photobucket
Kona coffee, anyone?
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. These are too pretty! I totally enjoy seeing everything you are seeing there through your talented photographer eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are too pretty! I totally enjoy seeing everything you are seeing through your talented photographer eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures. You're experiencing a completely different Hawai'i than I did and I'm glad for it. I pray the rest of your time there is filled with beauty inside and out.

    ReplyDelete

comments? thoughts? words of encouragement? please share. :)