Saturday, July 14, 2012

can i bring you home with me?

i spent the morning at the gypsy camp yesterday.
the camp feels a lot like a third world country, even though it's in Greece.


it's always fun going there and i adore the kids so much.

this is me and George (i can't say his real name, but it's the Greek/Gypsy equivalent of George, so that's what i call him). 
he is the sweetest kid ever. i want to pack him up in my suitcase and bring him home with me because i love him so much! :)
yesterday, he was content to just let me hold him. <3 
Photobucket


i asked him if i could bring him home with me, but he doesn't speak English, so he didn't know what i said...i just told him to say "naí" (yes). he didn't listen though. haha. ;)


the best part was when i saw a bumble bee (wasp), and taught him to say bumble bee in English. it was the cutest thing ever! and he taught me to say it in both Greek (μέλισσα -pronounced mélissa) and the Gypsy dialect (which i don't remember). i can't wait to go back and see him again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments? thoughts? words of encouragement? please share. :)