Friday, October 19, 2012

my heart; still in Greece.

i left my heart in Greece.

and i know that may sound dramatic, but i honestly feel like my heart is still in Greece.

is this normal? 

when i went to Mexico on a missions trip, i didn't leave my heart there. i left a teeny piece of it with my "3 crazy monkeys", (Karla, Yaneth, and Emily), but i don't think i left my whole heart there.

i fell in love with Greece and her people. i miss the sunsets, the generosity shown by Greeks, the gelato and gyros (haha), and yes...i even miss the public transportation and the 98* weather every day! i would even go back in August 2013, just to be back in Greece (and i said i never wanted to go back to Greece in August, it was too hot).

when i said that Thessaloniki became my home, i really mean that it became my home.
i miss it so much!
i would seriously hop on the next plane to Thessaloniki if i had the money.

ahh, i know God has called me to be home in Maryland for this season...
but my heart wants to be home.
i want to be in Greece.
this is so hard.
i didn't know i would miss Greece this much.

i didn't even WANT to go to Greece at first, but now i can't stop thinking about going back!

my Thessaloniki home, i'll be back for my heart someday soon.



sunset at the White Tower, looking towards the port.
Thessaloniki, Greece. <3
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments? thoughts? words of encouragement? please share. :)