Monday, January 23, 2012

beginnings.

hello.
i'm valerie.
this is my blog.
my thoughts.
my story.
my journey.
my adventures.

through the eyes
(and camera lens)
of a small-town girl
who knows what she wants from life.


i want to follow God and serve Him faithfully.
"he who is faithful in a very little thing is faithful also in much..."
Luke 16:10a

i want to shine a light on a lost world.
"...let your light shine before others, that they may see...and glorify your Father in Heaven."
Matthew 5:16

i want to use photography for God.
(don't have a Bible verse for that one...haha)

i'm part of a terrific group of people who want the same things.
they're called the 2012 photogenX DTS group.
and we will be joining together on april 5th.
in kona, hawaii.
DTS is a 6-month discipleship training school with YWAM.
three months of training in hawaii,
three months of outreach and missions
(where? i have no idea yet).

in short, this blog will keep you updated while i'm raising my support.
(amount i need to raise: $7,500).
and i will be updating it with photos and posts while i'm in hawaii.
and hopefully i'll be able to update it when i'm on the outreach.

i'll share about my decision to work with YWAM in a later post,
but for now, please keep me in your prayers as i try to raise the money i need.
to quote one of the DTS leaders,
"you do what's possible and God will do the impossible."
i've seen Him provide before.
i'm trusting that He will be faithful.

would you consider taking a step of faith to support me?
it would bless me, enable me to go on the outreach,
and help me to touch many lives of lost and broken people.
my heart is heavy with the alarming numbers of people still in slavery today.
(watch this video to see what i mean).
and i feel called to do something about it.
i've listened to the call, and i've stepped out in faith to do it.
(that's where i got the title for this blog). :)

i don't like begging for money, but i can't afford to do this.
i feel like God has burdened my heart to go, and He will provide.
maybe even through you.
this is NOT a scam.
every penny you donate goes directly towards my trip.
(see my other blog for more details).
please, just pray about donating.
thank you. :)
~Valerie


No comments:

Post a Comment

comments? thoughts? words of encouragement? please share. :)