Friday, March 2, 2012

never underestimate my Jesus. :)

i want to begin this post by saying WOW.
i knew God would provide the $6,000.00 needed,
but i didn't know how or when.

today, i made about 95 more ham sandwiches to sell towards my trip,
(making the total of ham sandwiches sold, 345-ish;
meaning i made over $900 for my missions trip by just selling ham sandwiches),
but that's not even the most exciting part!

i got a VERY large donation (read: $2,300.00)
from someone who would like to remain anonymous.
they were very impressed that i was going with YWAM,
and what i was going to be doing there,
and they wanted to contribute towards my trip.

i guess buying 30 ham sandwiches wasn't enough,
so they donated $2,300.00!!!!!

um, i shouldn't be amazed, but i am.
God is just SO awesome
and He's continually showing me that He doesn't operate on a budget.
He WILL provide. :)

i also got an email from one of the pastors at my church,
and the church will be donating $300.00 towards my trip,
praise the Lord.

my prayer was (and still is) that i would be able to raise my goal
of $6,000.00 (for outreach) before i leave for Kona on April 5th.
today that goal suddenly got 100x more achievable.

i'm just so blown away by God's goodness and amazing-ness.

PS. hey you fellow YWAM-ers, if you're doubting that God will provide for your DTS, here's a tip: never underestimate Jesus. He knows the desires of your heart (like mine is to have 100% of my outreach funds before i leave for Kona), and He loves you! just trust Him! He can and He will provide. :)

34 days until Kona,
$1,476.00 left to raise!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Praising God with you, Valerie!! He is so abundantly faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VAL (: I'm SO EXCITED FOR YOU!
    I'm going to miss you!

    ReplyDelete

comments? thoughts? words of encouragement? please share. :)