Tuesday, March 20, 2012

trust and have faith.

"immediately Jesus reached out His hand and caught him. "you of little faith," He said, "why did you doubt?"" matthew 14:31

Jesus' words to Peter are what i keep asking myself.
over and over.

why did i doubt?


i knew God would provide, and He has.
He has shown Himself mighty in numerous ways.
i feel so humbled by His provision,
and so ashamed that i doubted even the teeniest bit in His ability to provide.

each step i've taken the past few months has been one of faith.
granted, my faith is weak sometimes most of the time.
i guess i'm like Peter.
he had enough faith to get out of the boat to walk on the water with Jesus,
but he lost focus on Jesus and focused on the terrifying waves crashing all around.
Peter started sinking and would have drowned, but Jesus reached out and saved him.

in the same way,
i see Jesus reaching out to me,
saying to me,

"valerie, why did you doubt Me?
can't you see how I've provided for you?
I've been right here the whole time.
trust Me...I have the perfect plan."

16 days until Kona,
$106.00 left to raise!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is so awesome and inspring, Valerie! It's beautiful to see how the Lord is providing for your trip. It shows me that although it might be until the very last moment, He will do the same for my mission trip to Alaska this summer. :)

    ReplyDelete

comments? thoughts? words of encouragement? please share. :)